The project will ensure the active inclusion of people with intellectual difficulties in activities enabling them to improve their familiarity with the capital city, its cultural and historical monuments and places of interest, and acquire a taste and appreciation for cultural experiences and taking part in cultural events. Their impressions will be used as a basis for developing the first 'easy to understand' presentation of Sofia (a specialist edition for people with intellectual difficulties, children with learning difficulties and people with dementia). The project will enable people with intellectual difficulties to give free reign to and develop their abilities for expression and social participation.
1. Organising city tours and visits to cultural events;
2. Conducting discussions of the experiences of participants;
3. Preparing and editing of an easy-to-understand guide of Sofia;
4. Promoting the easy-to-understand guide of Sofia;
5. Project management and coordination.
Financing organisation: Culture Programme of the Metropolitan Municipality
The project will be implemented between 1 March 2016 and 30 November 2016.